After about two years of discussing the ‘birth’ of SASOR with the European Society of Rheology, SASOR was officially launched at the 1st Rheology Conference in September 2006. The Society therefore welcomes everyone who is practising or has an interest in Rheology to become members, from any of the following scientific disciplines including mathematics, computer science, physics, chemistry, biology, biochemistry, materials science, engineering and medicine.
Rheology is the science of deformation and flow and the term rheology was only coined in 1930 and has wide application in all scientific and engineering fields.
- We offer a database of those interested and accomplished in rheology to network with.
- We promote of the science (info on events worldwide that relate to rheology)
- We advance the science by inviting the World Leaders to Southern Africa.
- We provide a platform to nurture home-grown leaders in the field.
- We assist with the application of the science to improve processes and products within local industries.